Save One PDF Page Guide
Students and businesses commonly use PDFs to send, receive, read different types of content. Many consider PDF a more convenient file format than other types.
However, sometimes you may find yourself in a situation that will require you to save one page of a PDF, whether it is a page from your college assignment or records from a business document. If you do not know how to do it and want to learn, you have come to the right place.
There are several ways to save one PDF page, but we will focus on the most common ones so that you can do it quickly and easily regardless of the device you’re using. In this article, we will discuss how to extract and save PDF files with the help of Google Chrome, Adobe, and popular online tools like Pdf.io.
Google Chrome can be found under the Start menu if you use a Windows OS or in the Applications folder if you use macOS. It can be downloaded for free from Google if you do not have it installed already. To save one PDF page, you should:
- Launch the Chrome internet browser.
- To open the PDF document on a Windows computer, use Ctrl + O and on a Mac – use Command + O.
- Click on the PDF file you wish to work with and click Open. Chrome will then open the chosen file.
- If Chrome asks you to download or save a file, instead of showing you the PDF, click on the Cancel button.
- Click the Print option once you’ve opened the PDF document.
- Select the drop-down menu that is available next to the Destination icon, which can be found at the top right-hand corner.
- Click on the Save as PDF option from the drop-down menu. After selecting Custom, select “Pages” from the list of options. You would be able to see a menu that defaults to “All.”
- After you’ve chosen Custom, you may choose how many pages you wish to extract from the PDF document. You can specify a particular page or a range of pages such as 1-3. For example, if you wish to create a new PDF file from pages 1 to 3, type “1-3”.
- If you wish to make a new PDF document from many pages, use commas to divide them. For example, if you want to make a new PDF from pages 1, 4, and 6, type “1,4, 6”.
- After you’ve chosen the page, click the Save button. You can then name your file as per your wish, and you will be ready.
Here is how you can do the same with an Adobe’s tool:
- On your computer, launch Adobe Reader. The Organize Pages tab can be accessed by selecting it from the menu on the right side of the screen or from the Tools menu at the top of the screen.
- Open the PDF file from which you wish to extract the files. You will notice that the documents will display all of the pages rather than just one. There will be an Extract option in the new menu directly above the document you just opened – go ahead and click it.
- Select the page or pages from the document that you want to extract. If you want to choose a range of pages, hold down the Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) key while selecting them. Your chosen pages will be highlighted.
- Decide where and how to save the extracted pages by clicking the blue Extract option in the menu above the document.
Preview (for macOS Only)
Preview is the default PDF viewer for the macOS supported computers.
- Launch the Preview icon and open your PDF. You can also open the PDF by right-clicking it, selecting Open With, and clicking the Preview option.
- Select the Thumbnails option from the View menu. The View menu can be found in the top-right corner of the screen in the menu bar.
- Choose the page you would like to extract. As you click on each page that you wish to extract, keep the Command key pressed. Pages that will be exported to a new PDF will appear highlighted.
- Select the Print icon from the File menu. Near the top-left corner of the screen is the File menu. Enter a page range to print.
- Select the Show Details option from the drop-down menu. It can be found near the bottom of the window.
- In the sidebar, choose the Selected Pages button. It can be found in the “Pages” section. This guarantees that the pages you chose are included in the new file.
- From the bottom-left drop-down option, choose the Save as PDF option. It’s the one that defaults to “PDF.”
- Select the Save button after entering a file name. Go to the folder where you want to save the file, name it, and save it.
Pdf.io – Online Tool
If you are looking for a way to save one page of a PDF without installing software, the best option is using online tools that can effortlessly save a single page of a PDF within a few seconds.
- In your web browser, go to https://pdf.io/split/. This launches the Pdf.io “Split PDF” feature, which allows you to produce a new PDF from various pages.
- Choose the PDF that contains the files you wish to extract from the drop-down menu. Drop the PDF to the large violet-colored “Choose Files” box, click on it and choose the PDF, and then go ahead and click the Open option.
- You can click on the specific page you wish to split and save, or you can use the Shift command to select all or Ctrl+ A to select all the pages.
- To choose a range of pages, you can type an array of page numbers separated by a hyphen like “3-7”, “7-8” or various page numbers separating them by commas, for example, “1, 3, 7,8”.
- Ensure that the Save as separate PDFs box is checked so that the extracted page is saved separately.
- Lastly, press the violet-colored Split button at the bottom right of the page.
- Click on the violet-colored Download icon to download the Pdf page to your desktop or laptop.
As you can see, saving a one-page PDF file isn’t rocket science if you have the right tools. Which one fits you best is a matter of your personal comfort and convenience.