Guide to software development outsourcing
Introduction to Software development outsourcing
The section describes basic aspects of software development outsourcing. What is it, pros and cons, why companies outsource software development, frequently asked questions and replies to them with explanations, importance of software development consultancy and so on.
- Software development outsourcing guide
- How to Outsource Software Development
- Why Do Companies Outsource Software Development
- Why software development outsourcing earned a good reputation?
- 4 Important Cultural Aspects You Should Know Outsourcing Your IT Project to Eastern Europe
- Software Development Life Cycle Examples
- True or False. Frequently Asked Questions in IT Outsourcing — Part 1.
- True or False. Frequently Asked Questions in IT outsourcing – Part 2.
- True or False. Frequently Asked Questions in IT outsourcing — Part 3
- Top 5 questions about software development outsourcing
- What does consultancy mean for IT outsourcing
- IT Development strategy
- What is Agile Methodology in Software Development
- Mobile application development FAQ
- Software developers without managers approach
- When should I outsource software development project?
- When should not I outsource software development project?
Getting started with a software development project
Are you ready to start your own software development project? – Have a look these most common cases:
- Mobile application: why invest
- How to Start a Mobile App Development?
- How to build an effective food delivery app?
- How to Make a Social Media App
- How to Make a Web Application
- How to Choose Technology Stack for a Web Application
Software development outsourcing risks
Doing any business is attended by some risk and software development outsourcing is not an exception. Let’s describe what risks can be here and how to mitigate them.
- General and Outsourcing Risks in Software Development
- How to mitigate software development outsourcing risks
- Most frequent failures encountered by beginners(?)
Find software development company
Actually Googling is not a single option to find a reliable software development company. There are also reviews’ aggregators, listing services, catalogs of software development companies and so on. Let’s discuss where and how to find a software developer for an outsourcing project.
- How to Choose a Software Development Company
- How to make a shortlist selecting outsourcing software development company?
- Options to select IT Outsourcing agencies online
- Where Can I Find a Software Developer?
- Outsourcing Company VS Local Freelancer – In this article we compare experience working with a company or a freelancer. Both options have pros and cons, this block explains them and will help you make a decision.
Addressing to a software company selected
The section explains how to get the maximum value of your initial request to a software development company. Actually, the more specific and detailed your request is – the more detailed the reply is.
- Guide to Form a Relevant Software Development Request. – The article explains what should you mention and explain in your software development request so that to eliminate the phase of clarification questions.
- 5 questions during the introduction call with the customer – If a request is OK, a manager from a software development company usually offers to jump on a call. The article explains 5 basic questions that will definitely be asked to a potential customer on the introduction call.
Signing an NDA with a software development company
Taking into account that a client usually describes some information related to his/her business and a planned software development project, there is a necessity to sing a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Signing an NDA with a software outsourcing company. – NDA stands for Non Disclosure Agreement. It is a special type of agreement to decide how parties will operate with some secret information regarding some potential cooperation. Let’s have a look at a software development NDA’s basics and integral aspects.
Software development project’s estimation and preparation
There is a stage when a software development company provides a potential customer with an estimation. The forms of it may vary, be it a documented commercial offer or a simple email with a rough budget and timeline estimation. How it is formed, what it depends on – the section explains.
- Budget of a software development project. How it is formed and what does it consist of? – Explanation of main points which impact the budget of a software development project.
- Why estimation of a single project varies from one software development agency to another – When a customer sends software development requests to multiple companies, he gets replies with rough estimations that vary significantly. There are objective reasons for this. The report explains them.
- Why estimation of a single project varies from one software development agency to another? – Part 2 – A continuation of a report explaining various estimations for a single software project from multiple companies.
- Why did the budget of the project increase? – Here we describe a situation when a customer and a software development company agreed on some scope of work, and then a customer asked for some changes several times during the development stage. The problem is that a series of these “minor” changes may lead to a necessity to start development from scratch because new architecture or logic is required. How to avoid this? – The report explains.
- What does timeline of the project depend on?
- Selection of a Technology Stack.
- Design as a part of works.
- Prototyping as a part of works.
- Aspects of intellectual property rights in the software development outsourcing.
Software development outsourcing working models
Selection of a suitable working model depends on the given project, its complexity, duration etc. Here we explain the pros and cons of commonly applied working models. After reading this section you will know what exact working model is the best for your given software project.
- What is model of work in the software development outsourcing?
- What is Dedicated team model
- How to Hire a dedicated team
- How to Know if a Dedicated Development Team Is Right for You?
- What is Fixed price model
- When to select a fixed price model for your project?
- What is Time&Material model of work?
- Why Time&Material is considered to be the best working model for a client
- The Best Model of Work for Startups: Fixed Price or Time and Material?
- What is Outstaffing model
Software development agreement. Important aspects
It is extremely important to put all the agreements on paper. In this section we explain integral parts of any software development contract, as well as important aspects of this or that type of contract.
- Software development contract – basic aspects
- Time&Material software development contract
- Fixed price contract
- Dedicated software development team contract
- Supplementary agreements
Ongoing software development project
When a software development projects is launched, active company-client interaction is a key to success. Let’s discuss:
- Basic recommendations for a customer – TBD
- Customer-company interaction during the project
- Customer’s role in a project within Fixed price model – TBD
- Customer’s role in a project within Time&Material model – TBD
- Customer’s role in a project within Dedicated team model – TBD
- How do I as a customer find and check if everything is fine with my software development project
- How do I as a customer find and check if everything is bad with my software development project
Software development project completion
We decided to create a section dedicated to a software development project completion because there are also important aspects to know. Here they are:
- Basic aspects you need to know(?).
- What should I check when the company finishes the work?
- Publication of mobile applications in PlayMarket and AppStore. Things to know.
- Transfer of the source code. What is it and why do I need it?
In fact, the release of software is not the final step. There is a long road ahead, because there are users’ request, necessity to maintain the software developed, scalability issues etc.
- What is software maintenance.
- What is software support.
- What happens to the software without maintenance and support?
- How to Create a Test Plan for Software Testing
- SLA contract.
- Development of additional functionality.
Other aspects of software development not covered in previous sections
A set of aspects that are not included in the previous categories, but are nevertheless very important.
- Pros and Cons of React Native
- Best Mobile Development Frameworks
- How to choose a web development stack for a project.
We do our best to improve the software development outsourcing knowledge base. Surely, there are still many topics that we have not covered yet. We are working on it. Do not forget that we are always open to feedback. If you have an idea, would like to take part in a development of the Knowledge Base, request a topic, please let us know!