When building a business it is essential to understand how to establish an online presence. With several tools available out there that you can benefit from. It is important to understand how search engines such as Google rank your website. The process is divided into many parts like having a good web hosting provider or a good SEO strategy. A wrong choice or strategy can have a potential impact on your website ranking, traffic and even your company revenue.
In this article you will learn how Google search engine functions and why a good reliable web hosting provider is necessary for your company to grow.
Google Search Engine
Google is one of the most popular search engines that is used across the globe. Every day, Google search engine processes billions of queries using its algorithm and tries to provide the best possible search results to its users. Being one of the most powerful tools, without search engines like Google finding information you need on the internet would be daunting. Like all search engines, Google uses an algorithm to help provide the best results related to the user’s search.
Search engines use crawlers to go through billions of pages online. These crawlers navigate the web, downloading pages and following links to these pages to discover if there are any new pages that have been available on the internet.
How does it work?
Google search engine functions on three stages.
- Crawling. Google searches the web with automated programs known as robots or crawlers. These crawlers look for new or updated websites and store the page URLs in a list. There is no such registry of webpages on the internet so some pages are known by Google which have already been crawled for better results. These crawlers take note of all the web pages, keywords, descriptions, etc to learn your data search.
- Indexing. After a page is discovered, Google understands the data of the page. Google analyses the content such as images, videos, catalogs, etc embedded on the webpage. This process is called Indexing. This information is then stored in the Google index, a huge database stored in computers.
- Serving Search Results. So now when someone searches anything online, Google scans indexed pages to give the best result to the user. Factors such as location, device, language,etc are given preference. For example, if a user in India searches for a restaurant near me, it will be different from the people located in England. The search results are varied and ranked programmatically.
This is how Google works to give the search results after going through a simple, yet complex process. Now that we have understood how Google ranks websites. It is important to have a good foundation for your website and excellent web hosting provider is crucial for your business.
What is Web hosting?
When you sign up for a web host provider, you basically rent a space on a physical server, where all your necessary files and data for your website is stored. Once done, this online service allows you to publish your website and all your data required on the internet. When your website is made available on the internet, it can be accessed by other computers connected to the internet. If you are in search of an excellent web host, MangoMatter has the best reviews on web hosts and makes it easy to find a good host in Singapore and several other countries.
A dependable web hosting provider will give you uninterrupted value and a great return on your investment. With several types of hosting available out there, you can choose a plan that fits your company’s needs that can help you rank higher in search engines like Google. Here are the most popular options available:
Reasons before you choose a web host provider
Google addresses many factors before ranking a website such as website speed, security, uptime and downtime on your server, backups, etc. And a good web hosting provider will help you increase your visibility and set a foundation to rank higher on search engines.
- Website Speed
A fast-running website is essential for an online business. The faster your page loads the longer your customers will stay and are more likely to convert into customers. A fast website with good web hosting will reduce your sites bounce rates and enhance overall user experience on your site.
- Downtime and Uptime
When you have a website, it is important that people should be able to access your site. If they are not able to, it is likely that they will move on to another site seeking a solution. You may lose customers and in return lose sales.
A good web host will protect your website from hackers and cybercriminals. A good hosting provider offers a secure site by enabling HTTPS and SSL. By doing so, you send a positive signal to search engines and help your site rank higher.
- Frequent Backups
An excellent web hosting platform that has a reputation and authority will protect your website because they will back up your data. This means that if there is an attack on your website, you can restore your data by using backed up files from your web host. It is secure and extremely beneficial for your company.
Web monitoring plays a crucial role in preserving performance and security of your website. Being able to monitor your website from any part of the world is a great benefit for your company website. The fact that you can fix minor or major issues before it impacts your website or customers will definitely help boost your website ranking.
An excellent web hosting is one of those things that runs in the background without you ever having to think about it. That has a great impact on your overall website performance and also sends positive rank signals to search engines such as Google.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I host my website on Google?
- How much does it cost to host a website on Google?
- How does Google’s search engine work?
- Importance of web hosts